Welcome To CBM of Maryland
Who Is CBM?
Children’s Bible Ministries of Maryland, also known as CBM of Maryland or CBMMD, a non-denominational, non-profit organization whose aim is to encourage boys and girls, as well as men and women, to read the Bible and thus to know the Living Lord, the Lord of Life. We do not represent any particular church or group but rather seek to be in harmony with the Word of God and the God of the Word.
CBM uses relevant methods of summer camps, clubs, face painting, acting, and other forms of childish fun to give children the time of their lives, all the while weaving the gospel throughout every part of the ministry. Children need to know that there is a savior who loves them, and we are not ashamed to show them.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New testament to be the verbally inspired (God-breathed) Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings (Matt. 5:18; John 16:12-13; II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:20-21).
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man; as man, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin; as God, co-equal and co-existent with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit (Matt. 1:1 – 2:13; John 1:1-11; 14:16; Phil. 2:5-11; Col. 1:15).
- We believe in man’s fallen condition. Through nature, choice and practice he is guilty before God and is righteously judged fit only for everlasting punishment (Gen. 3:1-13; Matt. 25:46; Rom. 3:10 & 23; 5:12-21; I Cor. 15:21-22; II Thess. 1:7-10; Rev. 20:12-15).
- We believe Jesus Christ offered on our behalf the only acceptable sacrifice for sin and was raised in the same body from the dead according to the Scriptures. Christ has secured our redemption through the shedding of His blood, qualifying the saints for service here, a like resurrection, and a place in His divine presence for eternity (Matt. 28; Luke 24:39-43; Rom. 3:21-28; 5:10-11; I Cor. 15:3-4; I Tim. 2:5-6; Heb. 9:11-22; I Pet. 1:18-20; I John 2:2; 5:10-13).
- We believe that repentance, forgiveness and becoming a new creature are several of the many experiences of the Christian who is kept by God’s power, being secure in Christ forever and that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of salvation. (John 6:37-40; 10:27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38-39; II Cor. 5:17; I John 5:11-13.
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts sinners and who regenerates and baptizes them at the moment of their salvation into the body of Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit indwells and seals until Christ returns, all who believe, and fills and empowers for service those who are yielded to Him (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; I Cor. 6:19-20; 12:12-14; Gal. 5:16; Eph. 1:13-14; 4:30; 5:18; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the visible, personal and imminent return of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His church (John 14:3; Acts 1:9-11; I Thess. 4:13-18).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and of the lost, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost (John 11:23-27; Rom. 8:11; Ii Cor. 5:1; I Thess. 4:13-18; Rev. 20:12-15).
- We believe that Christ made provision for all the effects of sin in the atonement and that God heals in answer to believing prayer according to His sovereign discretion. Healing may not be claimed on the same unconditional basis as salvation, and the final deliverance from sickness awaits the believer in glory (I Cor. 15:51-57; II Cor. 12:7-9; :Phil. 3:20-21; I John 3:2).
- We believe that the primary purpose for spiritual gifts as given by the Holy Spirit is for the edifying of the church and the propagation of the gospel of Christ. We believe that tongues, miracles and the raising of the dead, as evidenced in apostolic times, were to authenticate the giving of the new revelation, primarily to the Jewish nation at that time. These were never a sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit, nor are they to be pursued (I Cor. 12:28-31; 13:8-10; Eph. 2:20; 4:7-12; Heb. 2:3-4).
What is a CBM Missionary?
CBM provides numerous opportunities for Christians to become involved in full-time work in the ministry. CBM workers are involved in teaching the Word of God, recruiting workers, training volunteers, managing and developing financial structures, and representing the ministry to local churches, educational administrators and school boards. As a result, they are ministering to children, teenagers, and parents. They also are involved in the spiritual development of local believers who benefit from the training and service opportunities offered them through CBM’s ministry.
For more info on who we are, see the following pages:
Permanently change the lives of children in your neighborhood by joining us as a missionary intern, hosting a free Summer Bible Club, or becoming involved with our Summer Camp.